King Lear (Signet Classics)
King Lear (Signet Classics) by William Shakespeare
The Signet Classics edition of one of William Shakespeare's bleakest tragedies.
Full of cruelty and betrayal, King Lear is the story of an aging monarch whose blindness to the true nature of those around him ultimately leads to madness and despair.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Russell Fraser
• Selections from Raphael Holinshed's Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland, Sir Philip Sidney's Arcadia, and The True Chronicle History of King Lear, the sources from which Shakespeare derived King Lear
• Dramatic criticism from Samuel Johnson, A. C. Bradley, John Russell Brown, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...
We Also Recommend
Taking God At His Word: Why the Bible Is Knowable, Necessary, and Enough, and What That Means for You and Me