A Harmony of the Life and Letters by John MacArthur
Experience Paul's world-changing writings in the full, chronological context of his life story--from Pharisee and persecutor of the church to the most influential defender of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ..." So goes Paul's typical introduction, a modest title for one of Christianity's most authoritative figures. Unique among the apostles, Paul was well-educated and well-respected in the Jewish community of the day. His story is one of dramatic conversion and passionate instruction.
His life's work was becoming a servant of Jesus Christ.
From pastor and teacher Dr. John MacArthur, One Faithful Life is the first-of-its-kind harmony of Paul's message and life. As with One Perfect Life--which weaved the Gospels into the seamless narrative of Jesus' life--One Faithful Life walks us chronologically through the biblical ministry of Paul, tying together background information from the Gospels, the book of Acts, and Paul's epistles to the growing movement of Christ-followers.
In this comprehensive storyline of the Apostle Paul's life, you'll find:
- Verse-by-verse explanations and section introductions from one of the most respected pastor-teachers of our time
- Introductory commentary of the major themes and purpose of each of Paul's letters
- A fresh perspective on the enduring truths of the gospel message
- Publisher : Thomas Nelson (April 2, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0785229264
- ISBN-13 : 978-0785229261
- Item Weight : 1.86 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.3 x 1.58 x 9.3 inches